I received the featured swimsuit from Free Country.
We are finally getting some warmer weather around here, which has me thinking about swimming. I know it won’t be warm enough to actually swim for another couple months, but I cannot wait to lounge by my family’s pool! Sawyer loves the water too, so it’s a fun family activity that we can do together.
I was thinking about “must-have” items that I need every year for the swimming pool. Below you will find my top 5!
1. Thick, plush beach towel. There is nothing worse that trying to dry off with a thin towel that holds no moisture. The cheap ones are usually very itchy too. I splurge and get the thicker ones so they will do the job when I am ready to get out of the pool.
2. Good sunblock. For redheads like me, this is definitely among the top must-haves! I typically use sunblock with an SPF 30. I have heard that higher numbers aren’t much more effective, and so far, that number works for me and my very fair skin.
3. Lots of pool toys. Swimming is a fun act within itself, but it’s nice to have some pool toys on hand. They can help change things up as well as promote better swimming skills. Dive rings, torpedoes, and noodles are all things my family keeps at their swimming pool.
4. Plenty of liquids. Laying out by the pool is very relaxing, but it can leave you dehydrated if you aren’t careful! We always have lots of bottled water on hand when we are having a day of swimming and sunning.
5. Great looking swimsuit. I always want a bathing suit that is cute and colorful. It also needs to be comfortable and not too loose or too tight. The swimsuit I recently received from Free Country fits the bill!
For a review, I was sent their Diagonal Stripe Tankini and matching Board Shorts. When I saw the top on their website, I immediately fell in love with the baby blue and chocolate brown. That is my favorite color combo! I also loved the simple design – it’s cute without being too overwhelming. It works well with my skin tone too.
The back is another thing I love about the tankini. So many swimsuits come with low backs or those that criss-cross, making a very weird looking sunburn if you were to get one. The racerback style fits similar to a regular tank top and doesn’t leave a lot of my back exposed.
The Board Shorts from Free Country fit very nicely as well. They are made of a quick drying material, so I can wear them even after I’m finished swimming. All I have to do is change tops and I’m ready to leave the pool. The dark brown with blue detail complements the tankini. Plus, I love that they have pockets!
Check out other swimsuits sold by Free Country!