The beach is a popular locale during the hot summer season. If you are a mom, you probably already know the importance of a well-stocked beach bag. Be sure not to forget the essentials, or you may be forced to cut your trip short or have it ruined!
1. Thick, comfy towels. If you are headed to the beach, be sure that you pack a couple of towels. These will be needed if your kiddos plan to play in the water, but also make great barriers between your pants and the sand!
3. Sunscreen with at least 30 SPF. No one wants to leave the beach looking like a lobster. Be sure to lather up yourself and the kids as soon as you reach the beach, as well as every few hours while out in the sun.
4. Snacks that can survive the sun. Someone is bound to be hungry when you reach the beach, so you will want to be prepared to combat that with granola bars, nuts, and other snacks that won’t melt in the hot sun.
5. Water – with lots of ice. Insulated water bottles packed with ice are a must for the beach. You don’t want to be overheated with nothing to cool you off.
6. Fun beach toys. A shovel and pail may be all your kiddos need to enjoy the sandy coast of the beach. An inflatable ball may also be a fun addition to the day.
7. A plastic, waterproof bag. Wet clothes can quickly ruin electronics, books, and other ‘must haves’ you have packed in your mom beach bag. Be sure to have a bag specifically for swimsuits, so that everything is protected for the damp clothing.
8. Sunglasses. Eye protection is just as important as sunscreen when playing outdoors on a warm summer day. Be sure that you pack a pair for everyone in the family.
9. Camera. Moms love to capture fun moments with their children, and a beach trip is no exception. Be sure it’s in a water proof case, if possible, to keep it away from wet clothing and water bottles.
What else do you pack in your mommy beach bag?