We eat a lot of pasta in this house. Sadly, we typically have the same pasta dishes over and over again…namely spaghetti, with the same flavor of sauce and noodles every time. In honor of National Pasta Day, which is today, October 17, I decided to break out of our routine and try a new recipe.
Classico recently sent me a starer kit to help us celebrate the observance. Along with a sample of their sauce, we received a pasta pot, cheese grater, serving tongs, and coupons for extra jars of sauce. In the kit were also two cards for recipe inspiration. Because I am tired of spaghetti, I decided to use one of the cards and make something new!
We opted for their “Classic Lasagna,” which was very delicious! It was definitely something different than our norm, and I think it may become a regular pasta dish around here. Here’s the recipe.
Classico Classic Lasagna
Serves 12 Prep Time 15min Cook Time 50min
- 1 jar Classico Creamy Spinach and Parmesan Sauce
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 c. shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb. sweet or hot Italian sausage
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook pasta according to package.
- In a bowl, mix ricotta and Parmesan cheeses, eggs and 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese.
- In a large skillet, brown sausage over medium heat for 4-6 minutes, until cooked through. Stir while cooking to create small crumbles.
- Spread 1 cup of pasta sauce over bottom of 13×9 pan. Add with 1/2 of the noodles, 1/2 of cheese mixture, 1/2 sausage, 1/2 of remaining sauce, and 1/2 remaining mozzarella cheese. Repeat until out of ingredients.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes of until hot and bubbly.
- Let cool 5-10 minutes and serve.
The recipe goes great with a salad and garlic bread/toast!
What’s your favorite pasta dish?
Tell me in a comment on this post and get entered to win a coupon for a free jar of Classico sauce! 5 winners!!!
Open to US residents 18+ only. Winners will be selected via Random.org. Ends 11:59pm EST on 10/23. Good luck!
I’ve partnered with Classico and received product, coupons, premium items and reader giveaway coupons as part of my participation. However, no payment was given or expected for posting about the program, and as always, all opinions given here are my own.