This gender prediction tests post is made possible with a product from IntelliGender.
Gender prediction tests are a fun way to pass the time until you are far enough along to have the baby’s sex determined via ultrasound. I’ve been reading up on some of the easy at-home prediction methods and have experimented with a few. If you are expecting a baby, here are some fun tests to try!
1. Cabbage Test – Cut up some red cabbage and boil it for about 10 minutes. While boiling, collect a urine sample in clean, disposable container. Mix 1 part urine and 1 part of the cabbage water. If the mixture is red or pink, you are having a boy. If it turns purple, you are having a girl.
2. Baking Soda Test – Cover the bottom of a clean container (plastic cup works great) with baking soda. Add a small amount of urine to the cup – just enough to soak the baking soda. If the baking soda fizzes, it’s a boy. If it does nothing, it’s a girl.
3. Wedding Ring and String Test – Remove your wedding ring and lace the string through it. Hold the dangling ring over your wrist (I’ve also heard you can hold it over your pregnant abdomen). If the ring begins to swing from side to side (like the pendulum of a clock), you are having a boy. If it moves in a circle, it’s a girl. My result = GIRL!
4. Chinese Gender Prediction Chart – This chart has been used for over 700 years to determine a baby’s gender. The chart uses the mom-to-be’s Chinese lunar age at the time of conception along with the month you conceived. Babycenter offers an easy to use Chinese Gender Chart that simply asks your birthday and conception or due date. My result = GIRL!
5. Heart Rate Test – If you’ve had an ultrasound or listened to your baby through a doppler, there’s an old wives tale that states the quickness of the beats can predict gender. If the heart rate is 140+ bpm, it’s a girl. If they are below 140, it’s a boy. My result = GIRL! (Though last pregnancy, Sawyer’s heart rate hovered around the 160′s. Baby #2 had a heart rate in the low 180′s at my last appointment).
6. IntelliGender Test – If you are used to peeing on a stick to determine pregnancy, the IntelliGender test is a breeze. The test can be taken as early as 10 weeks. This product uses your urine to determine the baby’s gender. Simply collect your urine and insert 20mL of it into the top of the IntelliGender container. In 5 minutes, your results can be read. My Result = BOY!
I received mixed gender predictions through my tests, but the majority say girl. Overall, I want a healthy baby, but I’m secretly crossing my fingers the IntelliGender results are correct!