Hello Everyone! My Name is Christine and I am the writer at Saved By Grace blog. Today, Kecia has asked me to write a recipe for her blog. I am honored to be included!
The recipe I have included is only available on Southern Girl Ramblings, but I would love for you to check out the other recipes I have on my blog as well as articles on beauty, gardening, housekeeping and of course product reviews and giveaways.
I want to share with you my Easy Chicken Asparagus Pasta. This is a great recipe for those busy nights when you want a home-cooked meal with minimal time!
Easy Chicken Asparagus Pasta (Feeds 4)
You will need:
*2-3 Medium sized Chicken Breasts, Boneless/skinless (about 2 1/2 pounds)
* A box of the pasta shape of your choice. (I used Rigatoni)
* 1 tub of Philadelphia Cream Cheese’s “Cooking Cream” in Italian Cheese and Herbs flavor
* 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
* 1/2 cup of milk
* 1 Package of frozen Asparagus, the kind that is in the steamer bag works best
*Seasonings; Italian herb blend, onion powder, salt, pepper
* 1 can of chicken broth
* Vegetable oil
How to get cookin’:
1. First poach your chicken in the chicken broth. Allow to cool so you can shred it by hand.
2. In a skillet, Brown your chicken and add seasonings listed above (and even some of your own!) to taste. Start your noodles to boil. Drain. Cook your steamed asparagus.
3. In a pot, add chicken to noodles. Do not add heat yet. Cut your asparagus into bite sized pieces. Add it with the mix.
4. Add your cooking cream and add the milk. Gently combine all the ingredients on medium heat.
5. Add a cup of mozzarella cheese and cook on medium heat, stirring consistently until cheese is melted.
6. Top with Parmesan cheese and enjoy.
This meal took me less than 30 minutes to make from start to finish. I hope you will come check me out on Saved by Grace!