My husband has family in Texas, and we have talked several times about going out to visit them. I haven’t looked into specifics yet, but I know that travel for a family of three can get expensive. Luckily, I just learned about a program called SAVE – San Antonio Vacation Experience.
This is a very helpful website that can save you lots of money and time when it comes to planning a trip to San Antonio. There are Limited Time Offers as well as other discounts and deals on hotels, attractions, shopping, and more.
I like that the SAVE site features a deal map so you can quickly see where the best discounts are around you. You can start by finding an affordable hotel to stay in, and then plan your visit by seeing attractions nearby. Having an itenarary can make vacationing more affordable for your budget, and it also negates the kids asking “What are we going to to do today??” every morning when they wake up!
To test out the SAVE program, I created a sample itenarary of things that my family could do if we went.
- I imagine we will stay at the Hilton Palacio del Rio so that we can be within the heart of the city. With SAVE, we’d get rates from $99 to $209/night. Not bad for a Hilton!
- We would take the kiddo to SeaWorld, and by using SAVE, we could get a variety of deals like family four packs, $10 off admission and more.
- Six Flags Fiesta Texas would also be on the itenarary, and discounts on the theme park include next day free, buy an adult ticket get a child ticket free, and more.
- The Alamo Trolley would be fun when it came time to do some sightseeing and SAVE would get us $2 off.
- We would also wander through the San Antonio Botanical Garden, taking in the lush look and smell of the plants. With SAVE, we’d get a discount of $1 off.
By planning a trip with SAVE, I would feel better about going because of the money that would be saved. If you are planning to travel to San Antonio soon, I recommend you check this site out.
Also, be sure to follow them on Twitter, @SAVEinSA, to stay up to date on discounts and deals!