This week, I was a bit worried about how well I would do with my Nutrisystem journey. With Thanksgiving, I wasn’t sure if I’d be able to control my eating. Not only that, but I went out for Black Friday shopping…and then again with my mom, sister, and a friend on Saturday for more shopping an hour away!
With all the time spent away from home the past few days (which fell right before weigh-in!), I thought I’d do good to stay were I was last week. I didn’t think I’d be losing anything, and I hoped I wouldn’t gain.
There were a few things I did that I think helped me through the week. These tips will help during any other holiday or busy time as well!
1. Plan ahead. I knew I’d be eating a somewhat big meal on Thursday afternoon, so I made sure not to cheat on my Nutrisystem program the entire week leading up to Turkey Day. I also took snacks for the days I was out shopping so I wouldn’t be tempted to grab a doughnut or another horribly bad snack.
2. Drink lots of water. Drinking water can help lessen your food intake, meaning it helps the number on the scale go down. Choosing water over other beverages also decreases the number of total calories you consume at the holidays.
3. Eat before the big meal. I had a smaller meal before I left for our family dinner on Thursday. I also had breakfast before the shopping trip on Saturday. Eating at home as much as possible prevents unhealthy choices when out, and as for the holidays, you will have a smaller plate if you eat before you get to the bad foods!
4. Set goals during the holidays. This keeps you focused on the prize, and it can help you stay away from that bad dessert table. I have a goal I want to meet by the end of 2012, and I know that these holiday get togethers can slow me down if I’m not careful! Because of my goal, I have been choosing better as I fix my plates.
5. Focus on your weight loss! The week of a big holiday dinner is not the time to forget about how far you’ve already come, or what you want to accomplish. Staying focused will allow you to be much more successful!
Okay, on to my weight loss for this week! I stepped on the scale this morning and was happy to see a 2 lb loss!! Also, I’m only 2.4 lbs away from my second Nutribear. I already had a goal of losing 4.4 more pounds before New Year’s Day (which would put me at 215 lbs), but now I’m setting a second goal of getting the 20 lb Nutribear by Christmas!
Week 1 = -3.0
Week 2 = -1.2
Week 3 = -1.0
Week 4 = -1.4
Week 5 = -0.0
Week 6 = -2.4
Week 7 = +0.6
Week 8 = -3.6
5-week hiatus due to gallbladder removal
Week 9 = -3.6
Week 10 = -2.0
Total Loss = -17.6
Want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting http://www.nutrisystem.com/nsblog
Disclosure: Nutrisystem is providing me with a complimentary Women’s SUCCESS Select Program membership in exchange for blogging about my honest, unbiased reviews and progress while on the program. All opinions are 100% mine and are not swayed by outside sources.