This past Sunday, my family got together to watch the Super Bowl. Bringing together 20+ people means you need to have lots of foods on hand. Luckily, my family loves to eat, and they all bring enough to feed everyone.
I decided to do something that was a finger food, or at least cut into small pieces so that everyone could sample it and the other options on the menu. Foods like these are perfect at big get-togethers.
I took to Pinterest to find what I wanted to make. It was there that I came across 17 Sirens’ Pizza Crescent Rolls. Deciding that they would be a perfect addition to our game day smorgasbord, I opted to adapt the recipe into a healthy finger food (Shh, don’t tell the men in my family!). They were a hit, so I had to share the recipe!
- 1 Can of Crescent Rolls
- 1 Bag of Kraft 2% Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Pack of Turkey Pepperoni Slices
- 1 Jar of Pizza Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Open the can of crescent rolls and spread the dough out on a baking sheet, leaving all the pieces intact.
- Slightly overlap any triangles that separate, pressing along the edges to mesh the dough back together.
- Spread the pizza sauce on the dough.
- Sprinkle on the shredded cheese. Layer with approximately 12 turkey pepperoni slices. Avoid going overboard with the toppings or the dough will be difficult to roll.
- Roll the dough longways to form a long cylinder-like shape, similar to a stromboli.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes, until dough is cooked.
- Allow to cool for approximately 5 minutes.
- Cut the roll into sections. Yields 8 to 10 sections, depending how wide you cut each piece.