As a work at home mom, I do all that I can to ensure I stay healthy. Moms with little ones at home typically don’t get sick days, so it’s important that we take good care of my body. I know firsthand that my toddler’s requests along with my work do not wait for me to stop coughing or to feel better.
Luckily, there are things that we can do in order prevent illness. While it may be impossible to keep germs away from kids, as moms we need to strive to keep them away from ourselves.
Tips for Keeping Yourself Healthy – For Moms
- Wash your hands frequently, even at home. This is especially true if you are caring for a sick child.
- Keep hand sanitizer on you. There will be times that your hands need to be cleaned yet there isn’t a sink available. Always make sure to keep a small bottle of “germy juice” in your purse or child’s bag so you can keep healthy.
- Avoid sharing food or beverages. We may not think about it, but passing our bottled water to our children during lunch is an excellent way to spread germs. Try not to do this, especially during cold and flu season.
- Be sure you are getting your daily nutrients. Take a multivitamin each morning and eat healthy every day to stay at the top of your mommy game.
- Stay active to fight off illness. Routine exercise will keep your body healthy, giving it a better chance to ward off germs you will inevitably come into contact with.
Even with these tips, sometimes we find ourselves feeling run down. We may develop the sniffles or a sore throat no matter how well we to stay healthy. For times like this, luckily, there is Vicks DayQuil and NyQuil. I just have to share my recent story regarding these two medications.
At the end of January, my son wasn’t feeling well. He was congested, sneezing, and whining a lot. A trip to the doctor confirmed he had bronchitis and a double ear infection. A couple days later, my husband made the same trip to the doctor, confirming he had bronchitis too. Within less than a week, 2/3 of my household was sick!
I cared for them while trying to remember the above tips. When I started feeling congested and had a scratchy throat a few days later, I immediately began a routine of DayQuil and NyQuil, using each as directed. DayQuil was able to help me get through my day of blogging, parenting and household chores. At night, NyQuil helped me sleep restfully so I’d be ready to take on the next day.
Within four days, I was feeling better and completely over my cold, and I didn’t have to go to the doctor. I was so happy, as when would I have the time to go with a toddler at home with me?! Not only that, I saved money on doctor bills by using these medicines.
Vicks DayQuil Cold & Flu Relief can provide non-drowsy symptom relief for those suffering from a cough, cold or flu. The active ingredients in the formula work to suppress the impulse to cough, help clear nasal congestion for easier breathing, help relieve minor aches and pains, and reduce a fever.
NyQuil Cold & Flu Relief helps relieve symptoms by suppressing the urge to cough, reducing a fever, alleviating minor aches and pains, and relieving sneezing and runny nose.
How do you keep yourself healthy during cold and flu season?
I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Vicks DayQuil & NyQuil. I received product samples and a promotional item as a thank you for participating.