February 14 is a fun day for many couples. Coming up with Valentines Day Ideas for him, however, may not be so exciting. It can be difficult to plan a day, which usually falls on a weekday and you don’t get the holiday off!
Never fear, though. I have compiled several ideas on how you can spend your holiday – ways that your male counterpart will enjoy!
Valentines Day Ideas for Him
Valentines Day Ideas for Fun Seekers:
- Create a fun picnic on the living room floor. Bring a couple of comedies to the DVD player, and enjoy just spending the event laughing together.
- Have a game night. Pull out some old board games collecting dust in the closet, pop some popcorn, and have fun!
- If your man isn’t really the nostalgic type, opt for a night of playing his favorite video games. Make him teach you how to play so that the two of you can both have fun duking it out.
- Send him on a scavenger hunt! Buy several little presents and place them around the house, each with a clue to the next gift’s hiding place. Start him off with a fun Valentines Day card, and watch him have fun finding everything.
- If you decide to head out for dinner, take your beau to a local mini golf course afterwards. Find one indoors if the weather is too chilly where you live. A little friendly competition can make this Valentines Day idea for him lots of fun!
- Enroll the two of you in a cooking class. It can be quite entertaining to cook with your dude, and it could also help you later in the kitchen.
- Spin off of the cooking class, have a more private baking session at home. Find a yummy dessert online you’d both like to try. Shop for the ingredients before the holiday, and then enjoy the evening sharing the kitchen. Be prepared for chocolate fights!
- Weather permitting, take a walk through your local park. Opt for one that has a water fountain, if possible, so that you can make wishes as you toss pennies in.
- Grab some paper and pencils. Have the two of you write a Valentines Day poem or song together…be it romantic, funny, or somewhere in between.
- Hop in the car and just drive! The fun comes in the unknown…pick a road or direction you rarely travel and just see where you end up.
Valentines Day Ideas for Romantic Lovebirds:
- Book the honeymoon suite for Valentines Day night at a nice, local hotel. The time away from home (even if you are only 10 minutes away) will be a nice break from everyday life. Pack the suitcase with lots of romance too!
- Plan a romantic night in…a nice dinner, wine/champagne, and then cuddling to a romantic comedy (or full blown lovey dovey movie if your guy can handle it) and relax under blankets on the sofa.
- Cuddle in front of the fireplace with cups of hot cocoa…with marshmallows of course! Talk about your life together and where you want it to go in the future.
- Visit a winery for a sample tasting. Take home a bottle for your own private Valentines Day night.
- Spend the evening with each other and a camera. Head to places you are normally too busy to visit, getting lasting memories on your journey. Be sure to snap a few photos of you two!
- Write him a love letter, just like you may have in high school. Put it somewhere you know he will find it by surprise, such as his car, briefcase, or pillow.
- Schedule a couples massage. Or DIY: Grab some scented massage oil, light some candles, and massage one another.
- Serve him breakfast in bed on Valentines morning. Cook his favorite breakfast – or prepare his favorite cereal, if you are in a rush - and wake him up with a kiss and food!
- Create a lovey dovey coupon book just for him. Valentines Day ideas for him are great when they come from the heart. Include romantic ideas you know he will personally like.
- Hot air balloon ride! How much more romantic can you get but being hundreds of feet in the air with the man you love?!